Tuesday, April 21, 2015

2nd appointment post-op

   Another week down - High five!  Matt's mom is my "babysitter" this week and was excited to see Jackson on the ultrasound.  The last time she saw him was when we went to the Maternal Fetal Medicine doctor for our official diagnosis.  Our drive to Vanderbilt was fairly easy and we didn't really run into any issues with rush hour traffic.

   Alicia went through the same routine and took all the pictures she needed for the doctors to review.  Jackson looked perfect!  She checked to make sure that Jackson was practice breathing and he was.  We watched him practice for awhile.  She used the heat colors to watch him inhale and exhale.  At one point he looked like a dragon when he exhaled.  It was so cool to watch and absolutely amazing.  If I had an ultrasound machine at home, I would never turn it off.

   Dr. Bennett came in during the ultrasound.  She explained that everything on the ultrasound looked great and she was really pleased with how Jackson and I were doing.  She then went on to tell us that Jackson's ventricles increased a little bit more from last week.  However, she explained to us that the increase in his ventricles shows that the closure on his back is tight and not leaking.  Awesome news!  She told us that we may see another increase before Jackson's body finally figures out what to do.  She doesn't seem to be concerned, so I'm not either.

   We met with Emily and she removed the other half of my staples.  Just like the first time, I didn't really have any pain other than a couple of them that got stuck on a scab.  Dr. Carroll came in next and we discussed the ultrasound a little bit more.  Have I mentioned lately how thankful I am for everyone at Vanderbilt Fetal Center? Everyone that we have been in contact with has been so compassionate and caring.  I can't wait until Jackson is here and I can show him off to all of the amazing people that are now in our life.          
  
_________________________________________________________________________________
Baby boy,

   We made it another week - 2 down, 11 more to go.  We can do this!  You are currently 26 weeks and growing.  You are moving more and more and I am loving every minute and every single jab.  I play music everyday for you and you always seem to react to 80's which is my favorite kind of music. It's Dede's turn to stay with us and she's been keeping me company and making sure that I follow the doctor's instructions.  I still have moments of pain, but it's more muscle pain than incision pain.  The pain doesn't matter once I feel you moving around, it magically disappears.  I love you so very much and I can't wait to meet you.  Keep staying strong and growing.  I'm so proud of you little man.      

Love you always,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment