Friday, April 3, 2015

MRI

   We were scheduled for a MRI to get a better look at Jackson's spine.  I've had a few MRIs done in the past for various things, so I thought I knew what to expect for this one; I was mistaken.  I was informed that the MRI would take longer than the other ones that I had in the past due to Jackson.  The person that walked me back went on to tell me that with fetal MRIs they have to "chase" the babies around because most don't like the sounds being emitted.  I laughed at this and explained that if Jackson was going to keep up with his reputation, this should be a fun experience.

   I never had an issue getting MRIs done in the past, but I felt extremely claustrophobic this time.  I kept telling myself to get over it, take a deep breath, and carry on... Don't move, don't move, don't move.  However, Jackson must have missed the memo on keeping completely still.  As soon as the MRI started, Jackson was moving around like crazy.  There were certain sounds that upset him more than the others.  My heart immediately broke - I thought about how scared he must have been.  I realize now that this was more than likely not the case, but still, my sweet boy jumped, kicked, punched, and moved the entire time.

   After the first round, I was informed that they needed to take several more because they weren't able to get the shots they needed due to all of Jackson's movement.  I couldn't help but laugh and ask, "So what makes you think he's going to stay still this time?"  Jackson was still very active the second time, but he wasn't as feisty.  Success!  The doctors got all the pictures they needed and we were free to go.  I wish that I could have seen the pictures.  I'm sure that it's very interesting and a view that I would never see again.

   If anything shows up on the MRI we will learn about it on Monday at our pre-surgery meeting.  I can't believe it, surgery day is just a few days away.  I'm terrified, not for me, but for Jackson.  I pray that he does well.

Crystal            

No comments:

Post a Comment