Tuesday, May 12, 2015

5th appointment post-op

   Today was the day - the 3 hour glucose test day... Ugh!  I haven't eaten since midnight, but to be honest, I'm not hungry.  I want to get this over with and find out if I have gestational diabetes or not. I've been doing a lot of research on GD and trying to figure out what I can and can't eat just in case if the test is positive.  From what I've read I just have to really watch how many carbs I eat and somehow beat my major sweet tooth.

   I was wheeled downstairs to get my first of 4 blood draws done.  This was going to be a long 4 hours at the doctor's office.  The first blood draw was to check my fasting level.  After that, we went back upstairs and I was placed in the "cooler."  The "cooler" is an ultrasound room that is perfect for pregnant ladies, fabulously cold!  For the next 3 hours the phlebotomist came into the "cooler" to draw my blood at each hour interval.  It's so much fun getting blood drawn 4 times in the same day... Not. :)  I should find out my results later today or possibly tomorrow.  Fingers crossed!          

   During the ultrasound we got to watch Jackson practice breath some more.  I love watching his belly move up and down.  :)  The left ventricle stayed the same size as last week, but the right one went up a little bit.  Dr. Bennett didn't seem very concerned about it and explained that there should be another increase in a few weeks, but that it was normal.  If she isn't concerned, then neither am I. Overall, we got another gold star report about Jackson which is great.

Crystal
_________________________________________________________________________________

My sweet Jackson,

   You are 29 weeks and getting bigger and bigger.  You amaze me each time that I see you on the ultrasound.  You amaze me each time that I feel you kick/punch and move around.  Overall, you amaze me.  I am so thankful that I have been chosen to be your mommy and hope to be half the mommy your Nana was to me.

   You have become quite the basketball player and love to hit my bladder.  You are still a stinker when it comes time for our weekly ultrasounds.  You love to put your hands in front of your face and hug your chest with your legs.  Each week they try to look at your incision, but you curl yourself up so that they can't get a good look.  I wonder if you'll be this stubborn when your born...

Love always,
Mommy  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment