Tuesday, May 5, 2015

4th appointment post-op

   Wow, a month since surgery - well, 2 days shy of a month!  We made it to 28 weeks... Whoo hoo! Jackson had a lazy day on Sunday and it concerned me so I got in contact with the doctor.  She asked that we come in a day early to just ease my mind, so that's what we did.  I was extremely nervous going in and prayed that everything was OK.

   As soon as the ultrasound tech started her exam, Jackson decided to move around like crazy - little stinker!  I was concerned for no reason.  Apparently my son just likes to have quiet days every once in a while.  I guess he's like everyone else and just needs some time to sleep.  :)  As soon as I saw him move and the tech told me his heartbeat, my anxiety level dropped.  Anxiety is a beast on its own, but having it while your pregnant after having major surgery is AWFUL!  

   Overall Jackson looks good and was moving well.  I saw him moving, but I wasn't able to feel all of the movements.  Emily, the nurse practitioner, explained that I should try placing my hands on my belly and feel for movements that way.  She also suggested to lay something on my belly and watch for it to move.  While Jackson is moving, he isn't necessarily hitting/punching hard enough for me to feel it.  Hopefully with her suggestions, I will be able to relieve some of the anxiety that I've been having.    

   I had to take the 1 hour glucose test today to check for gestational diabetes.  I have a huge sweet tooth and haven't been stopping myself from indulging in sweets, so to say I was worried was an understatement.  My blood work came back as a 174 and it should have been 135 or below. Needless to say, I failed and I failed miserably.  I will have to take the 3 hour glucose test on our next visit.  I'm really nervous about not being able to eat for so long, but I'm going to do what needs to be done.

Crystal  
_________________________________________________________________________________  
My sweet Jax,

   You are quite the show off little one!  Not only are you impressing your doctor, but now you've impressed the ultrasound tech.  You did a great job today with your practice breathing.  I loved watching your diaphragm open and close and your stomach rise and fall with each breath.  It was purely magical.  No more lazy days... Or at least give me kick/punch a couple of times throughout the day to let me know you're doing OK.  Not feeling you all day had me worried and I was driving your daddy and Nana crazy.  Keep growing and becoming stronger!  We have 8 more weeks to go baby boy.  I can't wait to meet you and give you kisses.  

Love always,
Mommy  

No comments:

Post a Comment