Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Update from hospital #2

Saturday:
   Dr. Carroll came by this morning.  I haven't seen her in a month and it was so great to not only see her, but to speak with her as well.  She came with the pretty old ultrasound machine to get a quick update.  Jackson was moving well, had a strong heartbeat, breathing like crazy, and yawned 3 times -big yawns!

   My fluid level was approximately 8.9... Yay, an increase!  Dr. Carroll explained that my placenta is starting to show signs of aging, but it appears normal.  When a placenta starts to age it gets a cauliflower appearance, and mine appears to have 2 "florets" right now.  The blood flow looked great from the placenta through the cord, so while it shows sign of aging, she doesn't think that it will cause a problem yet.  Looking carefully at the placenta each week will be added to the weekly checklist for each ultrasound.    

   Today was supposed to be my baby shower.  I'm disappointed that we had to cancel the baby shower, but I also understand that it is for the best.  My cousin Kendra made a trip down from Illinois to visit.  I haven't seen her since Thanksgiving and I always love spending time with her.  In a way, she brought my baby shower to me.  Along with her gift, my Aunt Jane, Aunt Mary Ann, and Stella sent my baby shower gifts with her for me to open.  Jackson received some really cute outfits, bibs, a few toys, a travel kit, and a soft blanket with his name on it.  I am so thankful for the gifts that he has received so far.

   I got my 5th IV put in today.  I honestly don't understand why I'm having such an issue this time.  I've never had problems in the past and each one this time has been very painful.  I'm hoping this one last longer than the other ones and I don't have any issues with it.  Fingers crossed!

Sunday:
   My cousin Kendra came by for a visit again before she headed back home to Illinois.  It was a short trip for her, but I'm so thankful that she made it and I got to spend time with her.  Hopefully it won't be so long until I see her again.  I know once Jackson is born I plan on making a trip to Illinois so my family can meet him, but he's going to have to grow a little bit before such a trip.  :)

   I also got to visit with some family friends from Alabama, Steve and Gigi.  I haven't seen them since Matt and I moved into our house last year and they lent us a helping hand.  My parents were up as well, so we all caught up and talked for a few hours.  They were so nice to buy Jackson the sleep/white noise machine.  I'm so excited to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment